- JAVA Senior Developer
JAVA Senior Developer
Full time Taoyuan, Taiwan Posted: November, 2017
The SHL IT team in Taoyuan, Taiwan is responsible for defining and setting global strategies and standards for the whole Group worldwide in all aspects of information technology.
With members from Taiwan and Germany, the team provides an international working environment and combines know-how and experience from the East and the West.
In a team with other System Engineers, you will maintain and develop sustainable Java-based business solutions for SHL Group and will be responsible for system integration solutions and advancing projects to success.
- Lead the architecture and implementation of JAVA-based tools and applications
- Participate in requirements analysis and develop solutions for all tiers of web-based JAVA applications: user interface, middle-tier business components, database layer, etc.
- Create functional and design documents, translate the business requirements into system requirements, and produce demo solutions for key stakeholders
- Program using JAVA frameworks and Web APIs in addition to other best-of-breed open-source frameworks
- Perform code review to SHL internal systems, implemented by Information Systems team members
- Plan and execute system validations based on regulatory and quality requirements in the medical device industry
- Plan and advance system implementation projects to success, coordinating tasks and responsibilities with other team members
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science or related field (work experience will be considered)
- At least 3-5 years of recent hands-on JAVA development experience
- Experience in developing JAVA applications and Web Services, using Maven, Spring, Hibernate, jQuery and ZK skills
- Familiarity and proven experience in designing software solutions by use of Onject Oriented Design Patterns
- Experience in programming concepts, application development, and software development life cycle processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of SQL Server querying skill is a plus
- Having a sense for finding appropriate solutions for complex technical challenges
- Skills in management or coordination of projects, including task and priority management for a team
- Open-minded person and good listener with a very high willingness to understand and handle user problems with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Interested in working in an international environment
- Fluent Chinese skills (reading, listening, writing). Very good or exceptional English skills (reading, listening, writing) with a TOEIC score of 700+
What we offer
- Diverse ways to participate and take ownership of work in the company's flat hierarchies and efficient decision-making processes
- Challenging career growth that advances professional and personal development
- A European-influenced work environment that provides room to develop freely
- An open-minded team and company culture that welcomes your entrepreneurial thinking and actions
- A competitive compensation package based on personal performance, employee-friendly work schedules, and a culture that values the individual employee